difference between farm in india and usa
indian farming: labor intensive mostly subsistence farming
nearly 60% of population is dependent on farming
most farms are rainfed. american farming:machine intensivemostly commercial farmingless than 3% of population is dependent on farmingmost farms are irrigated.
Both countries give subsidies t their farmers but US subsidies are way more than Indias (hence the Doha round dipute)
tnks a lot
thank u vry much............
gr8 answer thnx
it 's like a mental as posted thi answer.
i don 't feel this answer helpful to me
is my answer correct..............???? :)
labor intensive mostly subsistence farming
Both countries give subsidies t their farmers but US subsidies are way more than Indias (hence the Doha round dipute
1) In India farmers live very far away from there farms so it takes time to get to there farm and in the USA farmers stay very near to there farm.
(2) In India land is very less land is available with the farmers and in the USA large amount on land is available with farmers.
(3) In India electricity is not easily available in villages whereas in the USA there is no problem of electricity.
(4) In India farmers don 't have additional income from dairies and piggery 's whereas USA farmers have additional income from these fields.
(5) In India easy loan is not available which effects the life of the farmers whereas in the USA easy loan is available.
(6) In India the connectivity of food grain market is poor whereas In the USA connectivity of food grain market much better.
(7) In India farming is treated as livelihood by farmers whereas in the USA it is treated as business.
These are the reasons of difference in lifestyle of Indian farmers as compare to the American farmers
USA is commercially strong country the people of USA are very hard working . While cultivating or planting crops they use the most advanced tools and machines the farmers in USA are very rich and literate people of USA don 't consider farming a thing of embarrassment or insult . If u visit USA the lands where crops are cultivated are very big . While in India lands are very small . It is due to rule that from the fathers property each son will get one part . so if father has big land and it is divided between 4 sons then automatically the land will be small . if the first son is going to set up a factory in his land then other 3 brother will have while farming. In India farming is considered a think of embarrassment . From a many years infact today also people think that the farmers are illiterate and poor. When we think about farmer a thin man holding a spade in the field and then digging it if this the image of farmer in India how can we think going to better country categories list . farmers will not provide us with food how can we alive.
Follow the given link:
This conversation is already closed by Expert