Ask a QuestionHave a doubt? Ask our expert and get quick answers.
We have millions of interesting questions and answers in our question bank available for Free. Some of the question that might interest you:
- Q) difference between plant cell and animal cell
- Q) different between amoeba and paramecium
- Q) write a short note on a plant cell. 150 to 200 words
- Q) why is mitochondria called powerhouse of the cell?
- Q) rnq.1: the largest cell in the human body is -rn(a)nerve cell (b)muscle cell (c)liver cell (d)kidney cellrnq.2: the barrier between the protoplasm and the other environment in an animal cell is -rn(a)cell wall (b)nuclear membrane (c)tonoplast (d)plasma membranernq.3: the term ‘cell’ was given by -rn(a)leeuwenhoek (b)robert hooke (c)flemming (d)robert brownrnq.4: who proposed the cell theory? -rn(a)schleiden and schwann (b)watson and crick (c)darwin and wallace (d)mendel and morganrnq.5: a plant cell differs from an animal cell in the absence of -rn(a)endoplasmic reticulum (b)mitochondria (c)ribosome (d)centriolesrnq.6: centrosome is found in -rn(a)cytoplasm (b)nucleus (c)chromosomes (d)nucleolusrnq.7: the power house of a cell is -rn(a)chloroplast (b)mitochondrion (c)golgi apparatus (d)nucleolusrnq.8: within a cell the site of respiration (oxidation) is the -rn(a)ribosome (b)golgi apparatus (c) mitochondrion (d) endoplasmic reticulumrnq.9: which is called ‘suicidal bag’?rn(a)centrosome (b)lysosome (c)mesosome (d)chromosomernq.10: ribosomes are the center for -rn(a)respiration (b)photosynthesis (c)protein synthesis (d)fat synthesisrnq.11: double membrane is absent in -rn(a)mitochondrion (b)chloroplast (c)nucleus (d)lysosmernq.12: cell organelle found only in plant is -rn(a)golgi apparatus (b) mitochondria (c)plastids (d)ribosomesrnq.13: organisms lacking nucleus and membrane bound organelle are -rn(a)diploids (b)prokaryotes (c)haploids (d)eukaryotesrnq.14: animal cell is limited by -rn(a)plasma membrane (b) shell membrane (c)cell wall (d)basement membranernq.16: lysosomes are reservoirs of -rn(a)fat (b)rna (c)secretory glycoprotein (d)hydrolytic enzymesrnq.17 centrioles are associated with -rn(a)dna synthesis (b)reproduction (c)spindle formation (d)respirationrnq.18: main difference between animal cell and plant cell is -rn(a)chromosome (b)ribosome (c)lysosome (d) endoplasmic reticulumrnq.19: animal cell lacking nuclei would also lack in -rn(a) chromosome (b) ribosome (c) lysosome (d) endoplasmic reticulumrnq.20: plasmolysis occurs due to -rn(a)absorption (b)endosmosis (c)osmosis (d)exosmosisrnq.21: a plant cell becomes turgid due to -rn(a)plasmolysis (b) exosmosis (c) endosmosis (d)electrolysisrnq.22 solute concentration is higher in the external solution -rn(a)hypotonic (b)isotonic (c)hypertonic (d)none of the abovernq.23: a cell placed in hypertonic solution will -rn(a)shrink (b)show plasmolysis (c)swell up (d)no change in shape or sizernq.24: which of the following organelle does not have membrane?rn(a)ribosome (b)nucleus (c)chloroplast (d)mitochondriarnq.25: root hair absorbs water from soil through -rn(a)osmosis (b)active transport (c)diffusion (d)endocytosisrnq.26: which cell organelle is not bounded by a membrane -rn(a)ribosome (b)lysosome (c)er (d)nucleusrnq.27: which of the following cellular part possess a double membrane?rn(a)nucleus (b)chloroplast (c)mitochondrion (d)all of the abovernq.28: cell organelle that acts as supporting skeletal framework of the cell is -rn(a) golgi apparatus (b) nucleus (c) mitochondria (d) errnq.29: plastids are present in -rn(a)animal cell only (b)plant cells only (c)both animal cells and plant cells (d)neither animal norrnplant cellrnq.30: cell wall of plant is chiefly composed of -rn(a)hemicellulose (b)cellulose (c)phospholipids (d)proteinsrnq.31: intercellular connections of plant cells are called -rn(a)middle lamella (b)micro fibrils (c)matrix (d)plasmodesmatarnq.32: genes are located on the -rn(a)chromosomes (b)nucleolus (c)nuclear membrane (d)plasma membranernq.33: chromatin consists of -rn(a)rna (b)dna (c)rna and histones (proteins) (d)dna and histones (proteins)rn