Consumers benefit from globalisation due to the following reasons:
- *They benefit from the lower prices
- *better quality of products arising from increased competition
- *increases the purchasing power of an individual
- *best practices of production gets disseminated across political boundaries
The following are the negative impacts of globalisation :
* Low wages and long working hours in potentially hazardous conditions due to requirement of cost effective production.
*Uncertain terms of employment. Casual workers are hired on contract when demand is high and laid off when demand declines.
* Multi national companies are prone to shift their centres of production in accordance with the benefits they receive.
The worst hit by globalisation are small scale industries as they do not have the capital or resources to compete with large MNCs. Casual workers are also affected as they have to work long hours for low wages and uncertain terms of employment. They are not entitled to many benefits enjoyed by regular workers.