Ask a QuestionHave a doubt? Ask our expert and get quick answers.
We have millions of interesting questions and answers in our question bank available for Free. Check out more interesting questions for you:
- Q) summary for chapter the banyan tree
- Q) i am a english teacher for class 6 and i am using frank brothers publications - the land of thus and so- now in this we have three books, a literature reader, main course book and an activity book. my question is should i give meanigs and question and answers from the literature reader and use the main course book and the activity book for practice in class and for home work or should i use the main course for giving meaning and question and answers. pls help me in this
- Q) a. complete the following sentences. 1. the old banyan tree “did not belong” to grandfather, but only to the boy, because __________________________________________________________________ __________________________________________________________________ 2. the small gray squirrel became friendly when __________________________________________________________________ __________________________________________________________________ 3. when the boy started to bring him pieces of cake and biscuit, the squirrel __________________________________________________________________ __________________________________________________________________ 4. in the spring, the banyan tree _________________________________, and ___________________________________ would come there. 5. the banyan tree served the boy as a _____________________________ __________________________________________________________________ 6. the young boy spent his afternoons in the tree __________________________________________________________________ __________________________________________________________________
- Q) in the spring, birds of all kinds would flock into the banyan tree’s branches. i would spend the afternoons there. grandfather, at sixty-five, could no longer climb the banyan tree. i could hide myself in its branches. i could look down through the leaves at the world below. i could read there. ‘would’ tells us what the author used to do, or what used to happen. ‘could’ tells us what the author was usually able to do, or grandfather is now not able to do. choose would and could to replace the italicised words in the following sentences. grandfather says, in the old days, 1. elephants were able to fly in the sky, like clouds. they were also able to change their shapes. they used to fly behind clouds and frighten them. people used to look up at the sky in wonder. 2. because there was no electricity, he used to get up with the sun, and he used to go to bed with the sun, like the birds. 3. like the owl, he was able to see quite well in the dark. he was able to tell who was coming by listening to their footsteps.
- Q) 1. “it was to be a battle of champions.” (8) (i) what qualities did the two champions have? pick out words and phrases from the paragraph above this line in the text and write them down. mongoose cobra (a) ___________ (a) ___________ (b) ___________ (b) ___________ (c) ___________ (c) ___________ (ii) what did the cobra and the mongoose do, to show their readiness for the fight? 2. who were the other two spectators? what did they do? (did they watch, or did they join in the fight?) (10) 3. read the descriptions below of what the snake did and what the mongoose did. arrange their actions in the proper order. (11, 16) (i) ceased to struggle grabbed the snake by the snout (ii) tried to mesmerise the mongoose dragged the snake into the bushes (iii) coiled itself around the mongoose darted away and bit the cobra on the back (iv) struck the crow pretended to attack the cobra on one side (v) struck again and missed refused to look into the snake’s eyes (v) struck on the side that the mongoose pretended to attack sprang aside, jumped in and bit 4. (i) what happened to the crow in the end? (16) (ii) what did the myna do finally? (17)