what are the merits and demerits of modern periodic table.
1. The classification of elements is based on the atomic number, which is a more fundamental property.
2. The reason for placing isotopes at one place is justified as the classification is on the basis of atomic number.
3. It explains the periodicity of the properties of the elements and relates them to their electronic configurations.
5. The position of the elements that were misfits on the basis of mass number (anomalous pairs like argon and potassium) could be justified on the basis of atomic number.
6. The lanthanides and actinides are placed separately at the bottom of the
7. The table is simple, systematic and easy way for remembering the properties of various elements as it is based on the electronic configuration.
what are inert elements
name one alkali metal amd one alkaline earth metal each starting with the letter "S"?
what is the basis of mendeleev 's periodic law?
in chemistry the term inert is used to describe a substance that is not chemically reactive
Merits of Modern Periodic table:
Demerits of Modern Periodic Table:
The Long form of periodic table is demerit free as it has all the qualities what should be in a classification table. However, two main defects could be measured as:
This conversation is already closed by Expert