write a summary of poem seven ages?
Summary of poem seven ages :
The poem commences with life being compared to a huge stage where all of us are only actors. Each person has an entry into the world at birth and exits it at death.
According to Shakespeare, every man plays several parts during his life time. On the stage of life every man has seven acts. The first act of man is infancy. At this time all that the baby does is cry and puke on his nurse 's lap. After he goes through his infant life, he emerges as a school child who slings his bag over his shoulder and creeps most unwillingly to school.
At the next stage in life, the young man is a lover who is busy composing ballads for his beloved and sighing deeply for her attention. He graduates into a bearded soldier who promises solemnly to guard his country. He is filled with national pride, is quick to be insulted and is always ready to spring up in defence. At this point of time he is more concerned with status and reputation. From the agile soldier, he goes on to become a judge whose waistline grows as he becomes fatter and fatter. He wears a short, formal beard and his eyes become intense. He is full of wisdom, speaking to everyone in a just and wise manner.
After he has played this part, he goes into the sixth age. He becomes thin, wears spectacles, the skin around him hangs loosely. He is made fun of as being a funny old man. His youth has been left behind. His clothes hang loosely around him and his once manly voice turns into a high pitched, childish one. With this, man enters the last act where he experiences his second childhood as he becomes dependent on people once more. He is overcome by senility and forgetfulness, as he loses his faculties of sight, hearing, smell and taste, slowly but surely, and ultimately dies.
If you are satisfied do give thumbs up .
its written by shakesphere
u took it frm the net '
Its According to the cbse syllabus gunduroshini .If you know the ans the send your ans but dont say this bullshit thing here .
hello amita..summay of poem seven ages- JAQUES, one of the characters in shakespeare 's play ' 'as you like it ' ' , divides man 's life into seven ages. he says all the world is a stage and all the men and women merely players in it. they enter this stage at the time of birth and leave it with their death. each man like the players in a drama plays many role in his life. his roles can be divided into seven ages.first of all man plays the role of an infant. he cries in the arma of his nurse.then he plays the role of a school boy. every morining he leaves for school unwillingly. he has a shining face. in the third stage man plays the role of a lover. he writes ballad 's in praise of her beauty.then he is a soldier.he is jealous oh honour.he is full of strange oaths and is very quick in quarell. to win fame or honour,he even go into the face of death. then he is a justice. he is fat bellyed and is very fond of eating. he has grave and serious eyes. he is full of wise maxims. he gives many modern instances. thus, a man plays this in the fifth stage.in the sixth stage, he is thin and weak old man. he wears spectacles and has a pouch on his side. he has no longer his big manly voice, it becomes shrill like that of a child. when he speaks, he makes a whistling sound. the last age is second childishness, it ends the eventful history of man. in tis age, he loses his power of memory. he becomes very forgetful. he lives withput teeth, without eyes and without taste. infact he is without everything.
This conversation is already closed by Expert
hope u like it
plz giv thumbs up...
The answer posted by rohitha123 is a good attempt.
Keep up the good work and continue posting such answers. I am sure they are much appreciated by fellow students.
This is cool all Dudes.............
The man in the poem goes through these stages:
· Infancy : In this stage he is dependent on others and needs to be constantly attended to.
· Childhood : It is in this stage that he begins to go to school. He is reluctant to leave the protected environment of his home as he is still not confident enough to exercise his own discretion.
· The lover : In this stage, comparable to modern day adolescence , he is always remorseful due to some reason or other, especially the loss of love. He tries to express feelings through song or some other cultural activity.
· The soldier : It is in this age, comparable to modern day young adult , that he thinks less of himself and begins to think more of others. He is very easily aroused and is hot headed. He is always working towards making a reputation for himself and gaining recognition, however shortlived it may be, even at the cost of his own life.
· The justice : In this stage, comparable to modern day adult , he has acquired wisdom through the many experiences he has had in life. He has reached a stage where he has gained prosperity and social status. He becomes very attentive of his looks and begins to enjoy the finer things of life.
· Old age : He begins to lose his charm — both physical and mental. He begins to become the brunt of others ' jokes. He loses his firmness and assertiveness, and shrinks in stature and personality.
· Mental dementia and death : He loses his status and he becomes a non-entity. He becomes dependent on others like a child and is in need of constant support before finally dying.
summary of dis poem !! :
Infant:Infant boy has no other chances. He can 't do and prefer anything. He is juust puking and crying. School boy:Of course he doesn 't want to go school. He is compared to a snail with respect to his reluctance. Writer tells about the creeping mornings of school boy.Then the lover:He is full of woeful. He is like a furniture.Soldier:He take strange oaths. He don 't know what his pledges mean. He is dauntless anyway. He commits his life but he don 't cares. He is quick tempered. He want reputation but it is bubble reputation ( this means short lived fame. Bubbles are beautifull and stunning but they are short lived.) you risk your life for a bubble reputation. You are not mature yet. Justice:You are wise. You are convincing because of your life experience(wisdom). You are wordly wise. You have severe eyes at this stage. So people scared of you then they run cold because of your social status. People who are in front of you are intimidated by looky.Pantaloon:He is mean. He stoops because he wants to save his pouch on his belt. He is apt to keep lovers apart. He is parsimonious. Old man:He is like a child. He is contracting. He is a dotage. He can not hear well.
jst learn it! n u r done.
if you donot want to study means keep quite
in this poem the poet wants to tell about the different ages that come into ones life.like-infantcy , childhood , lover , soldier , justice , old age ahd the last very old.
I dont know who can give this thumbs down
different stages of life----infancy,, scoolboy,, lover,, soldier,, justice,, slippered pantaloon,, AND senality..
Well... this is also a very good answer...i gave it thumbs up...it was helpful to me in fa3 xam
thank u vry much..:-)
thank u sooo much!!!!
because of you i completed my homw work!!!! :)