write an article on save tigers
develop nswers using your own ideas. However, you may consider the following points:
- Tiger, most charismatic and evocative animal on Earth
- They are carnivorous animals as they eat flesh or meat
- Project tiger launched in 1973, giant leap towards tiger conservation
- Only around 6000 tigers are left in the world, in far off stretches of isolated land in India, China, Africa, etc.
- Today, tigers are being trapped, shot, poisoned to meet illegal wildlife trading
- Causes for demise of tigers- unlimited and unchecked poaching, increasing human habitation by clearing forest areas, etc.
- Can be saved by afforestation or protecting the forest patches
- Strict anti-poaching laws need to be enforced, campaigns and pamphlets creating awareness on the issue
- Concentrated focus on areas such as Bandhavgarh, Kanha, Corbett, etc.
- Project tiger has led to increase in the number of tigers two-fold in the previous decades
This conversation is already closed by Expert
Tigers are on the threshold of extinction. According to WWF, Tigers are amongst the ten most endangered species in the world. Over the last century more than 95% of the Tiger population has been wiped out & three sub-species are already extinct. Less than 3500 tigers remain in the wild today with around 50% in India & their numbers are declining fast.
Initial results from the Wildlife Institute of India Tiger census (released on 24 May 2007) are warning that India has far fewer tigers living than had been previously thought. Complete stories on BBC & Discovery Channel . The next five years are going to be extremely critical if we are to save India 's Tigers & forests. This is a small attempt to mobilise people like you & me to connect with conservationists out there with plenty of energy but very little money ( Click here for more details on the Tiger situation & the Satpura Forests - the largest tiger habitat in the world).
I am selling prints of two tiger cartoons & doing custom caricatures to help raise money for a Community Conservation Project in Tadoba-Andhari Tiger Reserve (TATR) in Maharashtra.
The conservation project involves setting-up a field station in Moharli, with three conservationists for a year. They will work towards improving the living conditions of the tribals who live in extreme poverty & reducing biotic pressure on the forest. The project will thereby help protect one of the largest Tiger habitats in the world. It will be executed by Satpuda Foundation ( http://www.satpuda.org/ ), a registered grass-root NGO & will cost 2.76 lakh rupees ( Click here to learn more about the project ).
Every single paisa raised will go to the charity. All transactions will be transparent & available on this blog below. If at any time you are not satisfied - I will refund you all your money & you can keep the cartoons
Now you can discuss homework, collaborate on projects and solve questions together.