Meritnation|Jun 12th, 2013 03:07pm
With the aim of honing and sharpening the varied abilities of students, the Central Board of Secondary Education will now introduce the concept of Open book Text based assessment for students of classes 9 and 11 from March 2014. With this concept, CBSE hopes to completely do away with rote learning and aims at enabling the development of analytic and theoretical skills.
For Class 9:
– Will be applicable to all subjects
– School will be provided with textual material, months before the actual commencement of the exam.
– The text material can be in the form of an article, diagram, mindmap/concept,case study, cartoon, painting, problems based on the topics taught o students during the second term at school.
– The exam will carry a weight-age of 15-20% in all the main subjects and might include Value based questions too.
– The textual material will be related to chosen concepts taken from the syllabus.
– The exam will also contain questions of High Order thinking skills, some of which may be creative, open ended or subjective.
– the textual material supplied earlier will be printed as part of the question paper and will be available for reference while answering the questions
For Class 11-
– The exam will be applicable to Economics, Geography and Biology only.
– The school will be provided with the textual study material for the exam in either a diagram, case study, picture, cartoon or concept etc.
– The exam will carry a weightage of 15-20% marks in the subjects of Georgraphy, Economics and Biology.
– will include questions pertaining to High Order Thinking Skills some of which may be creative, open ended or subjective.
– the textual material supplied earlier will be printed as part of the question paper and will be available for reference while answering the questions.
So, this will begin in March 2014, Are you up for it? Write in to us and let us know your views!