Meritnation|Mar 21st, 2012 09:49am
The mathematics Class XII exam is knocking the door. It is high time you pull up socks to give your best in the exam. The performance in the exam depends to a great extent on the effort you put. We are here to act as a catalyst in bringing out the best in you so that you may come with flying colours in the ensuing board exam. We are coming with some important tips that we gleaned from our experience and observation. Now that the exam is in the offing, we offer you some guidelines to be followed in two phases – prior to the exam and during the exam.
Prior to exam:
1. On priority, keep on revising all NCERT questions including the solved examples. Solve additional exercises from reference books/meritnation.com once you are thorough with NCERT questions.
2. Practice all the Board questions asked in the last five years (that comes under current syllabi).
3. You are advised to take a mock test on your own by randomly selecting a sample test paper. Stick to the exact duration of the test. Don’t take break in between. Try to simulate the exam conditions as far as possible.
4. On the eve of the exam, go through the revision notes available at meritnation.com. You can write down all the formulas/identities/results to speed up recollection of the same during the exam.
1. Proper planning is the key to success. Use the initial 15 minutes to scan the entire question paper and keep on tick marking the questions that you find at your grip. First attempt these questions then the rest.
2. In case you get stuck while solving any question, don’t panic. Leave appropriate space and don’t even cross out some of the steps that you may have written. This will ensure that even if you don’t find time to solve this question, the examiners will give some marks as step wise marking system is followed in this exam.
3. Ensure that graph/figures/diagram/tables vis-a-vis the solution be neat and clean and on the relevant page. It is always better to shade the area under the curve.
4. If you do not have any clue to solve some questions and some time is left out, try to show your effort by writing at least the introductory steps and even sketch out figures/diagrams/tables if relevant to the questions.
5. Do not forget to write the unit in the questions involving dimensions.
6. Always draw lines for rough work on the right hand side of every page. This would minimize the chances of error in noting down the numeric value from rough calculations done on some other page of the answer sheet.
7. Manage your time in such a way that you can have time to check your solutions as it reduces the chances of error.
Some general tips:
1. Extra sheets should be tied in proper order.
2. Enough space should be left in between solutions of two different questions.
3. In questions having two choices, solve only one part.
4. Try to avoid crossing in answer sheet (especially on first page).
5. Remember to carry the required stationery items like scale, protractor, pencil, eraser etc. with you.
6. We advise you to take proper sleep, avoid junk or oily food and take break from at a stretch study. It is better to take energy drink.
We hope our endeavour in providing you with these handy tips will be fruitful to you.
All the Best!