CBSE Solved Papers
|Meritnation's Online CBSE Complete Study Course 2010-11|
|CBSE Class IV||Online Course For CBSE Class IV Purchase|
|CBSE Class V||Online Course For CBSE Class V Purchase|
|CBSE Class VI
||Online Course For CBSE Class VI Purchase|
|CBSE Class VII
||Online Course For CBSE Class VII Purchase|
|CBSE Class VIII
||Online Course For CBSE Class VIII Purchase|
|CBSE Class IX
||Online Course For CBSE Class IX Purchase|
|CBSE Class X
||Online Course For CBSE Class X Purchase|
|CBSE Class XI||Online Course For CBSE Class XI Purchase|
|CBSE Class XII||Online Course For CBSE Class XII Purchase|
Ask your Questions & get Answers from experts Join now! FREE & get –
- Access to Ask & Answer
- NCERT Solutions
- Over 350+ Games
- Study Content of first chapter for all subjects
JOIN NOW FOR FREE ACCESS!!
- make your contact details available to Meritnation partners so that you may be contacted by Meritnation partners for education information through email, telephone and SMS;
- receive promotional mails/special offers from the Website or any of its partner websites; and/ or
- be contacted by Meritnation in accordance with the privacy settings set by you.
- belongs to another person and to which you do not have any right to;
- is grossly harmful, harassing, blasphemous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, paedophilic, libellous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically objectionable, disparaging, relating or encouraging money laundering or gambling, or otherwise unlawful in any manner whatever;
- harm minors in any way;
- infringes any patent, trademark, copyright or other proprietary rights;
- violates any law for the time being in force;
- deceives or misleads the addressee about the origin of such messages or communicates any information which is grossly offensive or menacing in nature;
- impersonate another person;
- contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer resource;
- threatens the unity, integrity, defence, security or sovereignty of India, friendly relations with foreign states, or public order or causes incitement to the commission of any cognisable offence or prevents investigation of any offence or is insulting any other nation.
- violate any applicable local, provincial, state, national or international law, statute, ordinance, rule or regulation;
- interfere with or disrupt computer networks connected to the Website;
- impersonate any other person or entity, or make any misrepresentation as to your employment by or affiliation with any other person or entity;
- forge headers or in any manner manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any user information;
- upload, post, transmit, publish, or distribute any material or information for which you do not have all necessary rights and licenses;
- upload, post, transmit, publish or distribute any material which infringes, violates, breaches or otherwise contravenes therights of any third party, including any copyright, trademark, patent, rights of privacy or publicity or any other proprietary right;
- interfere with or disrupt the use of the Website by any other user, nor "stalk", threaten, or in any manner harass another user;
- upload, post, transmit, publish, or distribute any material or information which contains a computer virus, or other code, files or programs intending in any manner to disrupt or interfere with the functioning of the Website, or that of other computer systems;
- use the Website in such a manner as to gain unauthorized entry or access to the computer systems of others;
- upload, post, transmit, publish or distribute any material or information which constitutes or encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offence, give rise to other liability, or otherwise violate applicable law;
- upload, post, transmit, publish, or distribute any material or information that is unlawful, or which may potentially be perceived as being harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libellous, vulgar, obscene, or racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable;
- reproduce, copy, modify, sell, store, distribute or otherwise exploit for any commercial purposes the Website, or any component thereof (including, but not limited to any materials or information accessible through the Website);
- use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website;
- take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the Website infrastructure;
- any interpretation of test results or study material other than as a tool of learning and enhancing knowledge; or
- the tests and exercises are created for you to test your understanding of concepts and are not to be interpreted as a sample question paper for any examinations.
- Online digital delivery of content is through internet, i.e., downloading the subscribed course content from www.meritnation.com website to Meritnation software
- The physical delivery of the paid subscription will be shipped in 2 working days of the receipt of funds through speed post or courier like BlueDart. The delivery typically takes place in 1-2 working days to metros and 3-4 working days to major towns. The user may track the shipment by logging into Meritnation website, in cases where the shipment agency provides such facility
- The physical medium associated with free Demo-DVD etc. is shipped by ordinary post in 2 working days of receiving request
- Any errors in or omissions from the Website and its content, including but not limited to technical inaccuracies and typographical errors.
- Any third party websites or content therein directly or indirectly accessed through links in the Website, including but not limited to any errors in or omissions there from.
- The unavailability of this Website or any portion thereof.
- The use of any equipment or software in connection with the Website by the user.
- Loss, injury, claim, liability or damages of any kind resulting from the use of or the inability to use the materials in the Website, even if Meritnation had been advised of the possibility of such damages and regardless of the form of action, whether in contract, stated or otherwise.
- Special, direct, incidental, punitive, exemplary or consequential damages of any kind whatsoever in any way due, resulting from or arising in connection with the use of or the inability to use the Website or its content / materials; and
- Claim attributable to errors, omission or inaccuracies in or destructive properties of any information.
Okhla Phase 1
New Delhi- 110020
- The subscriber availing this service shall be deemed to have consented to be bound by all the applicable terms and conditions of this service.
- Decision of Meritnation regarding all transactions under this service shall be final and binding and no correspondence shall be entertained in this regard.
- Meritnation reserves the right to extend, cancel, discontinue, prematurely withdraw, change, alter or modify this service or any part thereof including charges, at its sole discretion at anytime as may be required in view of business exigencies and/or regulatory or statutory changes.
- Your mobile phone number (MSISDN) will be used during the transmission of text messages through the mobile service provider's server for SMS Service.
- The subscriber understands that he/she can avail SMS Services at his/her discretion and the said service shall be availed in such options as are made available by Meritnation from time to time.
- This service is subject to guidelines/directions issued by Telecom Regulatory Authority of India or any other statutory authority as applicable from time to time.
- The SMS or its contents once sent for availing the SMS services shall be treated as final and the same cannot be withdrawn, changed or retrieved subsequently under any circumstances.
- WAP Services enable you to access our Services and to submit and/or receive Content through your wireless Device. Your access to our WAP Services may be dependent on the wireless Device you use to access the applicable WAP services.
- Subscription Services provide you with access to certain Content for a selected period of time, which will be as indicated and chosen by you prior to purchase. The frequency with which you will receive the relevant Content will be notified to you at the time you subscribe for the service.
- You will not post or transmit any content that is abusive, obscene, racial, sexually oriented or against national interest. Meritnation reserves the right to suspend your account if any prohibitive or objectionable content is found and may further initiate appropriate legal proceedings against you.
- The Service is an additional service offered by Meritnation. The functions of the Service are dependent on the operator owning the network to facilitate this service ("Operator"), for which Meritnation does not undertake any responsibility for failure of this network transmission or failure of message transmission for any reasons whatsoever. From time to time, Meritnation may include additional features and services.
- Meritnation reserves the right to modify/delete the account contents at its own discretion without prior notice if the contents of profile are deemed unfit for broadcast.
- The subscriber must maintain such minimum balance in his/her prepaid account as is specified by Meritnation for availing the particular option offered under these services. All incidental costs/taxes/levies, if any, related to the VAS shall be entirely borne by the customer.
- The users specifically note and agree that the content and service or part thereof may be varied, added, withdrawn, withheld or suspended by Meritnation at its sole discretion without prior notice to the users.
- Meritnation shall not be liable for any costs, loss or damage (whether direct or indirect), or for loss of revenue, loss of profits or any consequential loss whatsoever as a result of the user using the Service.
- No reversal of deducted charges shall be allowed under any circumstances.
- The users shall remain solely responsible for all content, information, data originated from the users and transmitted via the Service (content), and the users shall accordingly indemnify Meritnation and / or the Operator, against all third party claims relating to the users content or due to the users act, negligence or omission.
- You are bound by the terms and conditions as mentioned herein and as stated on the Website.
- Message delivery is conditional to mobile Operator's technical infrastructure and its network uptime.
- By using various SMS based services from Meritnation, you agree to receive phone calls, messages etc. from Meritnation and/or its associates tailored to provide with better education related opportunities.
- Subscribing or using various paid/free services of Meritnation on SMS/Voice/WAP either directly or indirectly doesn't in any manner guarantee the user an admissions.
- Meritnation and/or its respective suppliers make no representations about the suitability, reliability, availability, timeliness, lack of viruses or other harmful components and accuracy of the information, software, products, services and related graphics contained within the, Meritnation sites/services for any purpose. All such information, software, products, services and related graphics are provided "as is" without warranty of any kind. Meritnation and/or its respective suppliers hereby disclaim all warranties and conditions with regard to this information, software, products, services and related graphics, including all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, workmanlike effort, title and non-infringement. Meritnation shall not be responsible or liable for any consequential damages arising thereto.
- By agreeing to register at Meritnation Mobile alerts, a user allows Meritnation to get in touch with him/her from time to time on events or offers regarding careers, admissions, jobs and ancillary services on mobile. This can include exciting offers, information, as well as promotions.
- The subscriber shall be required to comply with all directions/instructions etc. issued by Meritnation relating to the network, the services and any/all matters connected therewith and provide Meritnation all other and further information and co-operation as Meritnation may require from time to time.
- This service is live in India only.
We, at Applect Learning Systems Pvt. Ltd. ("Meritnation")are committed to respecting your online privacy and recognize your need for appropriate protection and management of any personally identifiable information ("Personal Information") you share with us.
"Personal Information" means any information that may be used to identify an individual, including, but not limited to, a first and last name, a home or other physical address and an email address or other contact information, whether at work or at home. In general, you can visit Applect Learning Systems Pvt. Limited's Web pages without telling us who you are or revealing any Personal Information about yourself.
What Information Do we Collect?
When you visit our Web site you may provide us with two types of information: personal information you knowingly choose to disclose that is collected on an individual basis and Web site usage information collected on an aggregate basis as you and others browse our Web site.
Personal Information You Choose to Provide
You will provide us information about yourself that will enable us to verify whether you are entitled to access and use certain information, materials and services available from the Web site Meritnation This information may also be used to enable us to enhance your Site visit, to assist you with customer service or technical support issues, or to follow up with you after your visit, or to otherwise support your relationship with Meritnation It is completely optional for you to participate. However, failure to participate may mean that you cannot access and use certain information, materials and services.For example, we request information from you when you:
- Log-on to certain areas of the Website, where you may be prompted to provide us with your Log in Name and Password as a condition to gaining access to certain information, materials or services.
- Register or sign-up to use a service.
- Subscribe to a newsletter or desire to be added to our mailing lists for other products and services.
- Place an order.
- Provide feedback in an online survey.
In each of the instances above, we typically ask for your name, e-mail address, phone number, address, Log in Name and Password, as well as, other similar personal information that is needed to register or subscribe you to services or offers. On occasion, we may ask for additional information to enable us to provide you with access to and use of certain information, materials and services. In the case of newsletters or mailing lists, you will be able to "unsubscribe" to these mailers at any time.
How we use information
Meritnation uses your personal information for specific purposes only. The personal information you provide to us when using the Web site, such as your name, postal, e-mail address or telephone number will be kept confidential and used to support your relationship with Meritnation to notify you of special offers, updated information and new products and services from Meritnation, or offers from third parties that we think may be of interest to you. Agents or contractors of Meritnation who are given access to your personal information will be required to keep the information confidential and not use it for any other purpose other than to carry out the services they are performing for Meritnation.
Sharing information with Third Parties
Meritnation may enhance or merge your information collected at its Web site with data from third parties for purposes of marketing products or services to you. With respect to network advertising companies (companies that manage and provide advertising for numerous unrelated companies), to the extent that Meritnation utilizes such advertising companies to provide advertisements on the Web site, may provide them with your Sign in Name and any demographic information about you that we collect. Those advertising companies may combine that data with non-personally identifiable data collected by the advertising company from your computer, solely for the purpose of delivering on our Web site, advertisements that are targeted to you.
Circumstances may arise where we are required to disclose your personal information to third parties for purposes other than to support your customer relationship with Meritnation, such as in connection with a corporate divestiture or dissolution where we sell all or a portion of our business or assets (including our associated customer lists containing your personal information), or if disclosure is required by law or is pertinent to judicial or governmental investigations or proceedings.
We will send you information about our various products and services, or other products and services we feel may be of interest to you. Only Meritnation (or agents or contractors working on behalf of Meritnation and under confidentiality agreements) will send you these direct mailings.
How Do We Secure Information Transmissions?
Email is not recognized as a secure medium of communication. For this reason, we request that you do not send private information to us by email. This Site does not, however, provide facilities for the secure transmission of information across the Internet. You should be aware that there are inherent risks associated with the transmissions of Personal Information via the Internet.
If you do not wish to use the Internet to transmit personal information you can mail or phone us, Details are provided under 'How to Contact us'.
How Can You Access and Correct Your Information?
Email is not recognized as a secure medium of communication. You may request access to all your personally identifiable information that we collect online and maintain in our database by calling Meritnation.
We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or subpoena or if we believe that such action is necessary to (a) conform to the law or comply with legal process served on us or affiliated parties; (b) protect and defend our rights and property, our site, the users of our site, and/or our affiliated parties; (c) act under circumstances to protect the safety of users of our site, us, or third parties.
What About Other Web sites Linked to Our Web site?
We are not responsible for the practices employed by Web sites linked to or from our Web site nor the information or content contained therein. Often links to other Web sites are provided solely as pointers to information on topics that may be useful to the users of our Web site.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Some of our Web pages utilize "cookies" and other tracking technologies. A "cookie" is a small text file that may be used, for example, to collect information about Web site activity. Some cookies and other technologies may serve to recall Personal Information previously indicated by a Web user. Most browsers allow you to control cookies, including whether or not to accept them and how to remove them.
You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie, or you may choose to block cookies with your browser, but please note that if you choose to erase or block your cookies, you will need to re-enter your original user ID and password to gain access to certain parts of the Web site.
Third Party Services
Third parties provide certain services available on www.meritnation.com on Meritnation’s behalf. Meritnation may provide information, including Personal Information, that Meritnation collects on the Web to third-party service providers to help us deliver programs, products, information, and services. Service providers are also an important means by which Meritnation maintains its Web site and mailing lists. Meritnation will take reasonable steps to ensure that these third-party service providers are obligated to protect Personal Information on Meritnation’s behalf.
Meritnation does not intend to transfer Personal Information without your consent to third parties who are not bound to act on Meritnation’s behalf unless such transfer is legally required. Similarly, it is against Meritnation 's policy to sell Personal Information collected online without consent.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children below the age of 15. If we learn that we have personal information on a child below the age of 15, we will delete that information from our systems. Even for personal information of children of the age of 15 years and above, the personal information is collected only for the purpose of their educational requirement and service needs as provided by this Web site.
Sending unsolicited mail messages, including, without limitation, commercial advertising and informational announcements, is expressly prohibited. A user shall not use another site's mail server to relay mail without the express permission of the site.
It is contrary to Meritnation policy for customers to use our servers to effect or participate in any of the following activities:
- To post to any Usenet or other newsgroup, forum, e-mail mailing list or other similar group or list articles which are off-topic according to the agreement or other owner-published FAQ or description of the group or list;
- To send unsolicited mass e-mailings, if such unsolicited e-mailings provoke complaints from the recipients;
- To engage in any of the foregoing activities using the service of another provider, but channeling such activities through Meritnation provided server, or using Meritnation provided server as a maildrop for responses;
- To falsify user information provided to Meritnation or to other users of the service in connection with use of Meritnation service.
Consequences of Violation:
When Meritnation becomes aware of an alleged violation of its Acceptable Use Policy, Meritnation will initiate an investigation. During the investigation Meritnation may restrict Customer 's access in order to prevent further possible unauthorised activity. Depending on the severity of the violation, Meritnation may, at its sole discretion, restrict, suspend, or terminate Customer's account and pursue other civil remedies. If such violation is a criminal offence, Meritnation will notify the appropriate law enforcement department of such violation.
- We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data.
- We restrict access to your personally identifying information to employees who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services.
Updating your information
- We provide mechanisms for updating and correcting your personally identifying information for many of our services.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Meritnation does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people (save with your consent) or non-affiliated companies except to provide products or services you've requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances
- We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with Meritnation under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help Meritnation communicate with you about offers from Meritnation and our marketing partners. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- Meritnation displays targeted advertisements based on personal information. Advertisers (including ad serving companies) may assume that people who interact with, view, or click on targeted ads meet the targeting criteria - for example, women ages 18-24 from a particular geographic area.
- Meritnation does not provide any personal information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted ad. However, by interacting with or viewing an ad you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad.
- Meritnation advertisers include financial service providers (such as banks, insurance agents, stock brokers and mortgage lenders) and non-financial companies (such as stores, airlines, and software companies).
- Meritnation works with vendors, partners, advertisers, and other service providers in different industries and categories of business.
Confidentiality and Security
- We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
- Meritnation reserves the right to update, change or modify this policy at any time. The policy shall come to effect from the date of such update, change or modification.
Meritnation shall not be liable for any loss or damage sustained by reason of any disclosure (inadvertent or otherwise) of any information concerning the user's account and / or information relating to or regarding online transactions using credit cards / debit cards and / or their verification process and particulars nor for any error, omission or inaccuracy with respect to any information so disclosed and used whether or not in pursuance of a legal process or otherwise.
In the event you have any grievance relating to the processing of information provided by you, you may contact our Grievance Office or write at the following address:
Applect Learning Sytems
Okhla phase 1
We request you to please provide the following information in your complaint:-
- Identification of the information provided by you
- Clear statement as to whether the information is personal information or sensitive personal information
- Your address, telephone number or e-mail address
- A statement that you have a good-faith belief that the information has been processed incorrectly or disclosed without authorization, as the case may be.
A statement, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notice is accurate, and that the information being complained about belongs to you.
MeritnationMeritnationvt. Limited is free to offer its services to any client/prospective client without restriction
How to contact us
If you would like to contact us for any reason regarding our privacy practices, please contact us at :
Address__A-221, Applect Learning Systems, Okhla Phase 1, New Delhi-110020.
Revisions to this policy:
Meritnation reserves the right to revise, amend or modify this policy at any time and in any manner it pleases. Any change or revision will be posted on our Website.
- How do I join Meritnation.com?
- Why should I join Meritnation.com?
- I forgot my password. What should I do?
- How do I change my password?
- How can I edit/update my profile details?
- How much time will I need to spend on Meritnation.com?
- What all does Meritnation.com offer?
- How will the Formative Assessment System help me learn faster?
- Can I take Formative Assessment for a topic more than once?
- I am a student of class V and cannot view Formative Assessments in my Study Center page. Why is it so?
- I am unable to locate certain questions in your NCERT solutions. Why is that so?
- Are the NCERT solutions available on Meritnation.com absolutely free?
- Are the NCERT solutions updated as per the latest curriculum?
- While trying to view the free NCERT solutions for my class I am able to view only the question and not the solution. Why is that so and how can I view the solutions for all the questions?
- Where can I view the videos & animations for my class?
- Where can I view the videos for NCERT solutions?
- I am unable to listen to the audio and/or view the videos on your site? What could be the possible reason?
- Is it sufficient if I only read the study material?
- Where can I find study content for English grammar?
- How do the interactive games and activities help me learn?
- I am not able to view the activities on the website. What do I need to do to be able to view the same?
- How will Revision Notes help me prepare for my exams?
- Where can I find the Revision Notes for my class?
- I am unable to download PDF files, how do I get the same?
- Is studying using the Revision Notes enough to guarantee a good performance in the exams?
- What are the benefits of taking chapter-wise Practice Tests?
- What are Model Tests?
- How do I view the results after taking a test?
- How will the Reports help me to evaluate my performance on the tests?
- What are Personality Tests?
- Do I have to take all the personality Tests at one go?
- What are aptitudes? Why should I take an Aptitude Test?
- What are the aptitudes that the Aptitude Test will assess me on?
- I have taken the Personality and Aptitude Tests once. Can I take them again?
- What is the Interest Test?
- What are Skill Builders?
- What are the modes of payment available if I wish to buy any Meritnation product?
- If I buy any course, for how long will it be valid?
- How soon will my services get activated?
- How secure is the payment that I make through your website?
- Can I cancel my subscription?
- Will I have to pay additional service tax over the price quoted?
- Will my free registration get cancelled after expiry of my paid membership?
- If I face any problem with regard to the website, who do I contact and how?
- How can I give a feedback about the website?
- Do I need a broadband connection to use Meritnation.com?
Log-in & Free Registration
How do I join Meritnation.com?
To be a part of Meritnation.com, one has to go through a simple registration procedure, that is absolutely free. The following steps are to be followed for registration:
- Log-on to www.meritnation.com
- Click on "Login" if you are an existing user
- If you are a new user fill in your required details in the "Join Now!" box at the right panel of the home page
- Once completed, click the "Join Now" button
You now become a registered member of Meritnation.com
Why should I join Meritnation.com?
Meritnation.com is an online learning portal that is dedicated to provide quality learning and assessment solutions to students studying under CBSE, ICSE and leading state boards. Meritnation.com caters to the learning needs of students through its high-quality study content in the form of multimedia-enriched study material, adaptive formative assessments, comprehensive NCERT solutions, explanatory videos & animations, a variety of tests, revision notes and lots more.
On joining Meritnation.com you get-
- Free access to NCERT solutions for all subjects
- Free access to free study videos from web
- Free access to 'Ask & Answer' section wherein students can ask questions and get answers from Meritnation Experts and other students at Meritnation
- Free study content for first chapters of all subjects & lots more
I forgot my password. What should I do?
If you have forgotten your password you can request for a password reset mailer to be sent to your registered email address. Click here to request for this password reset mailer. You will receive a mail with re-set password and you would be able to login again.
How do I change my password?
To change your password, log-in to your Meritnation.com account and click on the 'My Profile' Option tab. Select 'Change Password' tab in the green band and fill in the necessary details to change password.
How can I edit/update my profile details?
In order to edit/update your profile, you need to first log on to Meritnation.com using your user id & password & then click on 'My Profile' tab in the light blue band. Once you are on your 'My Profile' page, click on 'Edit Profile' tab in the green band & start updating/editing your account details. Once you are through with updating your account details do not forget to click on 'Update'. This will ensure that your profile now reflects the new details that you have specified.
How much time will I need to spend on Meritnation.com?
At Meritnation.com you have the advantage of choosing when to study and how much to study. You can log on any time and spend any amount of time ( from a few minutes to look at the solution of a question, to a couple of hours to take a test, view all solutions and review concepts through Revision Notes) . An effective use of the resources at Meritnation.com to supplement and accelerate your learning will largely depend on your judicious selection of the chapters/topics presented to you and the order in which you choose to review them.
What all does Meritnation.com offer?
Meritnation.com offers online study content for CBSE, ICSE, Maharashtra, Karnataka & Tamil Nadu boards for classes I-XII.
Subjects Covered: Maths, Science, English, Hindi, Social Studies, Sanskrit, General Knowledge (G.K.), Political Science, Psychology, Accountancy & Sociology.
Special Exam Packs: Olympiad Test Pack, AIEEE Test Pack, BBA Test Pack, Common Proficiency Test Pack, NTSE Test Pack and Proficiency Tests for Maths & Science.
Select your class from the drop down to view a detailed list of Meritnation Courses for your class
How will the Formative Assessment System help me learn faster?
The Formative Assessment System is an adaptive assessment (test) engine designed to measure a student's understanding of the underlying concepts and uniquely identify every individual student's weak areas within a given topic. The questions that a student sees will be based on his/her response to the previous question, thereby no two students will see exactly the same set of questions.
The three steps in "Formative Assessment" are:
- Step 1: Take an assessment (test)
- Step 2: View report that summarizes your performance.
- Step 3: Get a customized study plan on the basis of your performance
Thus, the Formative Assessment System helps create an environment that facilitates faster and effective learning.
Can I take Formative Assessment for a topic more than once?
The Formative Assessments available on Meritnation.com help in identifying concepts that you are weak in. The adaptive nature of the Formative Assessment system thus begins its process of searching for 'weak links' in your understanding of concepts from the minute you mark your response to the first question. The system therefore does not allow you to re-take the assessment for a given topic once you have completed it.
I am a student of class V and cannot view Formative Assessments in my Study Center page. Why is it so?
Formative Assessments are only available for Maths & Science for CBSE board, classes VI-X.
I am unable to locate certain questions in your NCERT solutions. Why is that so?
We have taken care to ensure that our NCERT Solutions are aligned exactly to the questions in the NCERT textbooks. However, if you are unable to locate a question, please write in to us with your user name, class, subject, name of the chapter, and the question along with the specific question number as per NCERT textbook. Please send these details at email@example.com and we will revert with the solution.
Are the NCERT solutions available on Meritnation.com absolutely free?
Yes, the NCERT solutions on Meritnation.com are available for free. In order to view the same you will have to register on Meritnation.com.
Are the NCERT solutions updated as per the latest curriculum?
Yes, the NCERT solutions available on Meritnation.com are aligned to the latest curriculum. The end-of-chapter NCERT solutions are regularly reviewed and updated to ensure that students access only updated and relevant content.
While trying to view the free NCERT solutions for my class I am able to view only the question and not the solution. Why is that so and how can I view the solutions for all the questions?
In order to view the free NCERT solutions available on the website you will need to register with Meritnation.com. If you already have an account you will need to log in using your Meritnation ID and password to view the NCERT solutions available on Meritnation.com. Registering on Mertination.com is free.
To register for free click on the following link http://www.meritnation.com/users/registration
To log-in click on the following link http://www.meritnation.com/users/login
Where can I view the videos & animations for my class?
The videos & animations are integrated with the relevant study material and are available inside the Study Material organized topic wise for every chapter. To view sample videos for your class, go to 'Demos & Samples'. In addition you may also view relevant videos for your class under the 'Resources' tab. These are videos selected by Meritnation Experts from the web and arranged class-wise.
Where can I view the videos for NCERT solutions?
To view a video accompanying the NCERT solution, you will have to click on the 'Video' button in the grey band alongside the 'Answer' & 'Discussion' buttons.
I am unable to listen to the audio and/or view the videos on your site? What could be the possible reason?
If you are unable to listen to the audio or view the video on our site, please check the speed of your Internet connection and also ensure that your PC has a Flash player. You'll need a broadband connection with at least 256+ Kbps for best viewing experience.
If the problem persists, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Is it sufficient if I only read the study material?
While 'Study material' is intended to clarify your understanding of concepts, it is equally important to assess your learning through Test Papers, Activities and Formative Assessments. Additionally, you can always count on the 'Revision Notes' to help you immensely as you prepare for your exams.
Where can I find study content for English grammar?
- To locate study content for English grammar for your class first log on to your Meritnation account using your username/e-mail and password
- Then click on 'English' tab in the light-blue band
- Select 'English Grammar' from the drop down menu that is next to 'Change Textbook' below the green band
You can follow the same procedure to locate study content for different books within Maths, Science, Hindi and other subjects of your class.
How do the interactive games and activities help me learn?
The interactive games and activities help to speed up the learning process by providing the learner an opportunity to learn by 'doing'. This active involvement of the learner helps in revising concepts previously learned, while at the same time keeping the fun element in the learning process intact.
I am not able to view the activities on the website. What do I need to do to be able to view the same?
You will need to have 'Adobe Flash' player installed in your system to be able to view the activities. In order to download 'Adobe Flash' simply click on the link below and follow the steps mentioned to download the player. If the problem persists, please contact us at email@example.com
Click here to download 'flash' player www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash
How will Revision Notes help me prepare for my exams?
Revision Notes are concise, end-of-chapter highlights that will help you to quickly revise the main concepts just before an exam. These ready-to-use Revision Notes are complete with diagrams and simple illustrations to help in quickly understanding key concepts. You can even print these notes to keep them handy for last minute revisions.
Where can I find the Revision Notes for my class?
Revision Notes for all subjects are available under the 'Test Papers’ section that is next to the 'Study Center’ tab. Along with Revision Notes, the Test Papers section also contains Model Tests and Solved Board Papers for your class to help you accelerate your preparations before exams.
I am unable to download PDF files, how do I get the same?
In order to download the PDF files you need to have the Adobe Acrobat Reader installed in your system. In case you face a problem while downloading the PDF files, please follow the given procedure:
Login to http://get.adobe.com/reader/ and follow the steps mentioned to download the reader. If you are still unable to download the same, mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the details of your login name, class, name of the chapter and name of the revision note that you wish to download.
Is studying using the Revision Notes enough to guarantee a good performance in the exams?
Revision Notes are intended to help students quickly refresh their memory for all important concepts in the chapter. However, to make the revision exercise thoroughly effective students should also go through the Practice Tests available for every chapter and also take the full-course Model Test papers. A thorough revision exercise such as this alone can help students face their exams confidently.
What are the benefits of taking chapter-wise Practice Tests?
Chapter-wise Practice Tests help to assess your understanding of key concepts in a chapter. These tests are available in MCQ & descriptive formats to help you evaluate your proficiency levels for the chapter, before you proceed to the next chapter.
What are Model Tests?
The Model Test papers available at Meritnation.com are full-course tests that help you thoroughly measure your preparedness before the final examinations. Revising using these Model Test Papers towards the end of the academic year just before the final exams is a good way to use them. Model Test Papers give you an opportunity to check how well you have understood the concepts, and at the same time when taken with complete seriousness like a 'real’ exam, these can also help develop effective exam-taking skills.
How do I view the results after taking a test?
You can view the results immediately after taking any Practice Test (MCQ) or MCQ Model Tests by clicking on the 'View Report’ button.
How will the Reports help me to evaluate my performance on the tests?
The performance report not only show the marks obtained by you in that particular test but also gives explanations for incorrect choices. This performance report also contains a detailed comparative report that compares your performance with that of other students across the country. This report also recommends customized study material to help improve in your weak areas. The performance reports on Meritnation.com thus help assess preparation levels accurately, and take timely remediation action, if required.
What are Personality Tests?
The Personality Tests on Meritnation.com are a collection of 20 scientifically devised tests that are based on extensive research in various areas of personality. These tests enable you to delve deeper into yourself and get valuable insights about your strengths and weaknesses.
Do I have to take all the personality Tests at one go?
Yes, you may choose to take all the 14 Personality Tests at one go. If you select at least 2 areas that you want to take a test on, you can go right ahead and start your personality assessment.
What are aptitudes? Why should I take an Aptitude Test?
The term 'aptitude’ refers to the ability or innate potential in a given area. Different careers require different aptitudes. Having a clear idea about your strengths and weaknesses will enable you to improve in your weak areas and polish your strengths, as you work towards realizing your career goals.
What are the aptitudes that the Aptitude Test will assess me on?
The Aptitude Test on Meritnation.com is called the David’s Battery of Differential Aptitude (DBDA). It assesses you on the following 7 areas-Verbal, Numerical, Closure, Spatial, Mechanical, Clerical and Reasoning abilities.
I have taken the Personality and Aptitude Tests once. Can I take them again?
No. The Personality and Aptitude Tests can be taken only once.
What is the Interest Test?
The Interest Test is geared to help you identify your high interest areas across 14 areas and thereby help you identify fields of study/career best suited to your unique interest profile.
What are Skill Builders?
The Skill Builder section contains a series of modules in various formats, developed to help you build some specific skills. These modules will assist you in improving and polishing the rough edges in your personality and will enable you to put your best foot forward, not only in academics but in life as a whole.
You can use any of the following modes of payment to buy/ subscribe to the Services:
A. Pay Online by Credit Card/ Debit card/ Net banking / Cash Cards (ITZ/Done) or Mobile Payments: Pay online in Indian Rupees. Select the service you wish to avail and click on "Buy Now". Select the package, enter your username/password if you are a registered user of meritnation.com and select the respective payment option. Enter your card details or account details on the subsequent page on the payment gateway and submit the details. Paying through your credit/debit card and Internet bank account is completely safe at Meritnation.com. The successful payments will be activated immediately.
B. Cheque/DD: Simply draw a Cheque/Demand Draft on a Delhi Bank in favour of "Applect Learning Systems Pvt. Ltd" payable at New Delhi You can send it to our New Delhi Office at A-221, Okhla Phase-I, New Delhi, 110020. Please mention order-id, username and contact details at the back of your cheque.
C. Cheque deposit at ICICI branch: Select this mode of payment after having selected services, you will be taken to next page where you have to mention cheque No and nearest ICICI branch where you will deposit the cheque. Please make a cheque in favour of "Applect Learning Systems Pvt. Ltd" and deposit it in our account number 002905005784.
D. Credit Card by FAX: Select this mode of payment after having selected services you will be taken to next page where you will get a form to be downloaded. This is the form which needs to be filled by you, signed and then faxed at 011-47195310 along with your photo id.
If I buy any course, for how long will it be valid?
Your paid subscription for all Meritnation Courses is valid for a period of 1 year from the date of purchase. For example- if you have subscribed to All-inclusive Online Course for CBSE class VIII on August 20, 2011, your paid subscription will be valid till August 20, 2012. You can study using Meritnation resources for class VIII till March-April 2011 and access study resources for class IX till August 20, 2012 by upgrading your class at the end of the academic session (in March-April 2011)
How soon will my services get activated?
If you use the online payment facility while using your credit card, debit card or an internet enabled account, the package will be activated immediately. In case of other modes of payment, the services will be activated within a timeline of 3-5days depending on the payment option selected. You can choose to pay using Credit Cards / Debit Cards / Net Banking/ Bank Transfer / Cheque / Demand Drafts / Money Orders / Mobile Payments / Cash on Delivery etc. Click here to pay online.
How secure is the payment that I make through your website?
We are using payment gateways of PaySeal (ICICI) and CCAvenue which are secure gateways as accredited by Verisign, agency providing SSL certificates to websites and payment gateways.
As an additional measure of security you will have to enter a password after entering your credit/debit card details. This is an attempt to curtail the misuse of your credit card even if gets lost or stolen!
Can I cancel my subscription?
Once a product/service has been purchased by you, Meritnation will not be able to provide any refund, either in full or in part. We suggest that prior to making a purchase decision you go through the demos and other free content available on the website.
Will I have to pay additional service tax over the price quoted?
No, the price quoted is inclusive of all taxes.
Will my free registration get cancelled after expiry of my paid membership?
Your free registration with Meritnation.com will continue even after the expiry of your paid membership. However, you will be able to view only the free content available for your class.
If I face any problem with regard to the website, who do I contact and how?
If you face any problem on our website, please contact Meritnation.com by sending us an e-mail at email@example.com or call us at 1-860-5005556/011-40705070
How can I give a feedback about the website?
You can mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your feedback and suggestions.
Do I need a broadband connection to use Meritnation.com?
For proper functioning of the website we recommend that you should have a broadband connection.
Recommended connection: 512 kbps & above
Minimum connection speed: 256 kbps
Though it will also work at lower connection speeds, for an optimum learning experience it is recommended that you have at least the minimum connection speeds specified above.