Company: Applect Learning Systems Private Limited (Meritnation)
Role: Software Engineer - Android
Location: New Delhi
Brief about the Company
Meritnation is India's leading online tuition company with course offering for class 1 to 12 and entrance examination (engineering and medical) segment. The company has subscribers PAN India as well as in the Mid-East and has offices across 10 cities in India. Meritnation currently has an employee base of 500+ employees comprising sales executives, subject matter experts, academics, technology experts, marketing executives etc.
Please visit www.meritnation.com to know more about the Company.
Brief About the Role
- Understanding of Google's Android design principles and interface guidelines.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as GIT/Gerrit.
- Strong fundamentals in Core Java, OOPS and various Android Components and APIs.
- Good problem-solving skills
- Must have published a few android applications on Play Store or other market. (Provide links.)
- Work with Video-Player, Services, Location, Animation, Fragments etc in android.
- Work with ProGuard, MAT(Memory Analyzer Tool)
- Familiarity with building tools such as Maven / Gradle.
- Plus if you have experience in JavaFX, Chat Messenger.
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, Solid understanding of object-oriented programming and JAVA.
- Creating user interfaces to support smart-phones and tablets of various density/resolutions.
- Experience with embedded database systems(SQLite).
- Experience with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services, Familiarity with JSON, XML, third- party libraries and APIs.
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, various design and architectural patterns, and best practices.
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks.
Experience : 3+ Years relevant experience
Working Days: 5 days working (Monday to Friday).