When the sky is covered with dark clouds and it starts raining, have you ever listened to the patter of soft rain on the roof? What thoughts flashed through your mind as you heard this melody of nature? Read the poem to find out what the poet dreamed of while listening to the rain.
1. When you were a young child, did your mother tuck you in, as the poet’s did?2. Do you like rain? What do you do when it rains steadily or heavily as described in the poem?3. Does everybody have a cosy bed to lie in when it rains? Look around you and describe how different kinds of people or animals spend time, seek shelter etc. during rain.
1. What do the following phrases mean to you? Discuss in class.
(i) Humid shadows
(ii) Starry spheres
(iii) What a bliss
(iv) A thousand dreamy fancies into busy being start
(v) A thousand recollections weave their air-threads into woof
2. What does the poet like to do when it rains?
3. What is the single major memory that comes to the poet? Who are the “darling dreamers” he refers to?
4. Is the poet now a child? Is his mother still alive?
how the rain effect the earth and the people
Copyright © 2023 Aakash EduTech Pvt. Ltd. All rights reserved.