Q:Draw a comparison between Santosh Yadav and Maria Sharapova. I want a long and good quality answer os this ques. Please Help...
give the chracter sketch of santosh yadav ?
i want the character sketch of santosh yadav(reach for the top :part 1)
Imagine that you are Santosh Yadav, or Maria Sharapova. You have been invited to speak at an All India Girls’ Athletic Meet, as chief guest. Prepare a short speech to motivate the girls to think and dream big and make an effort to fulfil their dreams, not allowing difficulties or defeat to discourage them. The following words and phrases may help you.
• self confident/confidence/sure of yourself
• self assured/assurance/belief in yourself
• morale/boost morale/raise morale
• giving somebody a boost/fillip/lift
• demoralising/unsure of yourself/insecure/lack confidence
Q. Rearrange the following to form meaningful sentences.
1. water / the baby / in the / there / plays / sit and.
2. long enough / the mother / him / does not / to worry / there / leave him.
3. Older / at low tide / as / wade about / allowed to / he is / he grows.
4. look out / water / keep a / into deep / sharp / does not stray / so that he / his elders.
write a short note on santosh yadav
Pick out words from the text that mean the same as the following words or expressions. (Look in the paragraphs indicated.)
1. took to be true without proof (1): _________
2. based on reason; sensible; reasonable (2): _________
3. the usual way of doing things (3): _________
4. a strong desire arising from within (5): _________
5. the power to endure, without falling ill (7): _________
What all did Maria Sharapova sacrifice to reach to the top?
Which of these words would you use to describe Santosh Yadav? Find reasons in the text to support your choices, and write a couple of paragraphs describing Santosh’s character.
A Russian girl, Maria Sharapova, reached the summit of women’s tennis when she was barely eighteen. As you read about her, see if you can draw a comparison between her and Santosh Yadav.
1. Match the following.
quickly, almost immediately
at odds with
more calm, confident and in control than people of her age usually are
in contrast to; not agreeing with
in almost no time
something that makes you feel friendly, taking away your suspiciousness
poised beyond her years
attractive and exciting clothes
causing strong feelings of sadness
2. As you read, look for the answers to these questions.
– Why was Maria sent to the United States?
– Why didn’t her mother go with her?
– What are her hobbies? What does she like?
– What motivates her to keep going?
what inspired santosh yadav to be a climber
Copyright © 2023 Aakash EduTech Pvt. Ltd. All rights reserved.