1. Rajat asked me why I looked so sad and gloomy that day. 2.He asked her if she thinks that was a proper answer to give. 3. The boy asked the man why he was lying on the road. 4. The postman enquired wheather Mrs Gupta is at home. 5. The injured woman cried out if none of us would help her. 6. The lecturer asked the boy why was he absent the previous day.
Please check these answers thoroughly.
Turn the following into indirect speech :
1. Rajat said to me, "Why do you look so sad and gloomy today ?"
2. He said to her, "Do you think that is a proper answer to give ?"
3. The boy said to the man, "Why are you lying on the road ?"
4. "Is Mrs Gupta at home ?" asked the postman.
5. The injured woman exclaimed, "Will none of you help me ?"
6. The lecturer said to the boy, "Why were you absent yesterday ?"
2. He asked her if she thought that was a proper answer to give. 3. The postman asked if Mrs Gupta was at home. 5. The injured woman exclaimed if none of us would help her.
Rest of the answers are correct.