1.What are the different criteria for essentiality of an element?
- Absolutely necessary for the completion of the life cycle of a plant; necessary for its growth and reproduction
- Its requirement is specific, and not replaceable by any other element
- Directly involved in the metabolism of the plant
Hope this answers your question,
1. The element should be a necessity for the normal groth and reproduction of the plant or organism.
2. The amount required should be specific and should not be replaceable by any other element.
3. The Element must be involved in the metabolism of the plant or organism directly