1. why a camel can run easily in deserts?
2.why an army tank weighing more than thousand tonne rests upon a continous chain?
3.what is the meaning of the following sentence."pressure exerted in any confined mass of fluid is transmitted undimished in all directions?
4.how will you find relative density by using archemede's principle?
5.why does a ship float on water?
1. The surface area of the camels foot is lesser therefore the force applied is more which makes easy for the camel to balance its body and which makes it to run faster.
2. This is because of the more surface area of the chain and less surface area of the wheels which creates less thrust on the chain.Therefore, the chain resists such less pressure and holds the tank onto its position continuously.
3. The sentence means that if the pressure is applied on any fluid of constricted mass then that pressure extent to whole bulk of the liquid instead of being exerted onto some particular area like in solids.For e.x. if a ball is immersed under the water then it applies some kind of pressure and that pressure extent to whole of the bulk instead of remaining on that particular area where it was immersed.
4. Relative density can be easily obtained through a simple formula= density of the substance/density of water
5. Ship floats on the water because its bottom part is made up of the substance whose density is equal to that of water therefore it is been immersed under the water whereas the upper surface is made up of the substance whose density is less than the water therefore through this principle it floats on water.
Weight of displaced liquid = Mass of the displaced liquid × Acceleration due to gravity
= Density of the liquid × Volume of the displaced liquid × Acceleration due to gravity
∴Volume of the displaced liquid = Volume of the object that is immersed in the liquid
∴Weight of the displaced liquid = Volume of the object immersed in the liquid × Density of the liquid × Acceleration due to gravity = relative density