A 30-year-old male electrical technician was helping a company service representative test the voltage-regulating unit on a new rolling mill. While the electrical technician went to get the equipment service manual, the service representative opened the panel cover of the voltage regulator’s control cabinet in preparation to trace the low-voltage (120 V) wiring in question (the wiring was not color-coded). The service representative was not using PPE (personal Protective Equipment). The service representative climbed onto a nearby cabinet in order to view the wires. The technician returned and began working inside the control cabinet, near exposed, energized electrical conductors. The technician tugged at the low-voltage wires while the service representative tried to identify them from above. Suddenly, the representative heard the victim making a gurgling sound and looked down to see the victim shaking as though he were being shocked. Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) was administered to the victim about 10 minutes later. He was pronounced dead almost 2 hours later as a result of his contact with an energized electrical conductor.
List the procedures and steps that should have implemented to prevent this accident. In light of the case study, answer the following questions.
1) What were the causes that led to the fatal incident?
2) What precautionary measures should have been adopted to prevent this accident?
3) Imagine you are the health and safety inspector of the ‘Rolling Mill’, suggest few safety guidelines to prevent such accidents in the future.
Please help me.

why have you given such a long description
  • -1
What are you looking for?