Buttermilk spoils if kept in a copper or brass container

Dear student

Buttermilk contains lactic acid which reacts with the copper or brass container. The reaction produces toxic salts, this spoils the buttermilk and may lead to food poisoning. This it becomes unfit for human consumption.


Regards

  • 2
It is because copper and brass reacts with the lactic acid and spoils it which is bad for health.
  • 0
Brass or copper reacts with organic acid i.e. lactic acid present in buttermilk and poisonous salts are formed. Hence buttermilk spoils if kept in a copper or brass container.
  • 1
Butter milk should not be kept in brass vessel because,
1. Butter milk contains an organic acid called as lactic acid.
2. The lactic acid present in the buttermilk reacts with the brass vessel.
3. The chemical reaction brings about spoilage of butter milk, which is unfit for consumption
Cheers !!!!
 
  • 0
Actually butter milk contain lactic acid and when it react with brass it became acidic and spoiled
  • 0
What are you looking for?