Comment upon the following: rigidity, compressibility, fluidity, filling a gas container, shape, kinetic energy, and density. Also, please compare these properties with solids, liquids and gases.
- Rigidity : It is the state in which the particles of a substance are fixed in their positions.
- Compressibility : It is a property by which the volume of a sunstance can be reduced, or a substance can be made compact, by pressing it.
- Fluidity : It is the property by virtue of which, the particles of a molecule move in space. A substance whose particles can move easily is said to be fluid, for example, liquid.
- A gas conatiner can be filled with a gas by compressing the gas, as the particles of a gas have more space between them, and they can be brought closer to each other, by increasing the perssure of the gas.
- Shape of a substance defines the arrangement of constitutent particles, of that substance in space.
- Kinetic energy is the energy of any substance in motion.
- Density : It is the the packing of the constituent particles, in a given volume of the substance. It can also be referred to as thickness of the substance.
Follwoing table provides the comparison between solids, liquids and gases.
Hope, this information is helpful.