CONFUSION BETWEEN OPTION 1 AND OPTION 4??
26. Some of the characteristics of Bt cotton are
(1) High yield and resistance to bollworms
(2) Long fibre and resistance to aphids
(3) Medium yield, long fibre and resistance to beetle pests
(4) High yield and production of toxic protein crystals which kill dipteran pests
[AIPMT (Prelims) - 2010]
Please find below the solution to the asked query
The correct option is (1).
Though the protein formed by Bt cotton is effective against insects belonging to different orders like Lepidoptera, Diptera etc. but more appropriately, it was made to deal with the bollworm attack on the cotton plant. Hence, it should be he answer.
Hope this information will clear your doubts about the topic.
If you have any more doubts just ask here on the forum and our experts will try to help you out as soon as possible.