cqan you tell me poetic devices used in every poem....
Different poetic devices are used in different poems. Some of the common the poetic devices are:
- Alliteration (use of the same consonant at the beginning of each stressed syllable in a line of verse)
Example: "furrow followed free"
- Repetition (the repeated use of the same word or word pattern)
Example: "alone, alone, all all alone..."
- Personification (representing an abstract quality or idea as a person or creature)
Example: “Out of the sea came he!”
- Simile (expresses a resemblance between things of different kinds usually formed with 'like' or 'as')
Example: “like a three years' child.”
- Irony (incongruity between what is expected and what occurs)
Example: “Water, water, everywhere, nor any drop to drink.”
- Metaphor (refer to something that it does not literally denote in order to suggest a similarity)
Example: "Was tyrannous and strong"