define hormone. write four characteristic of hormones in humans.
- Hormones are the chemical substances which coordinate the activities of living organisms and also their growth.
- Four characteristics of hormones in humans are:
1) Hormones are secreated in small amounts by endocrine glands
2) The hormones are poured directly into blood and carried throughout the body
3) The hormones have their effect at the sight different from the sight at which they are made.
4) The hormones act only on target organs