- define present continuous tense .
An action which is in progress at the time of speaking is denoted by this tense.
- It is expressed using 'is/am/are+ -ing form of the verb'.
I am singing.
She is dancing.
They are painting.
- It can express a future event that has been planned. For example:
I am meeting my friends at the theater later.
- To describe a temporary event: It is raining right now.
- To express an event that keeps happening again and again: They are always arguing.
theverbformused foractionsoreventsthat arehappeningordevelopingnow is know as Present Continuous Tense.
Grammar:Present continuous: formWe use am, are, is + the -ing form of the verb. We use the short form more often than the full form, especially when speaking.
For example :
1. I am working.
2. He is dancing with me.