design an experiment to demonstrate hydrotropism
To demonstrate hydrotropism,
1. Take two plastic troughs I and II.
2.Fill each one of them with two-thirds of soil.
3. Place the seedling in the soil in both the troughs I and II but place a small clay pot inside the soil in trough II.
5. Water the soil in the trough I daily and uniformly.
6. Do not water the soil in trough II, but put some water in the clay pot placed in the soil.
7. Leave both the troughs for a few days.On examining the roots later, it will be found that the root in trough II has bent towards the clay pot that is source of water. Roots in trough I grew normally straight. Thus roots show the hydrotropism.