• Do you like travelling? The writer, Vikram Seth, enjoys it very much. In his book, Heaven Lake, he describes a long journey from China to India, via Tibet and Nepal.
• Have you heard of places like Ajmer Sharif, Madurai, Sanchi, Varanasi, Sarnath, or Halebid? Can you name some other places like these?
• What do the surroundings of a holy place in your city look like? Think about it as you read Vikram Seth’s description of Kathmandu.
• Yes, I like travelling as it gives an insight into the unknown world.
• Yes, I have heard of the holy places like Ajmer Sharif, Madurai, Sanchi, Varanasi, Sarnath, or Halebid. Some other such places are Amarnath, Vaishno Devi, Haridwar, Ujjain and Shirdi.
• In my city, usually the surroundings of the holy places are cluttered, noisy and overcrowded. Shops selling flowers for offering, idols of different Gods, prasad, etc. line the nearby streets. These places are visited by hundreds of devotees daily.
(A model answer has been provided for students' reference. It is strongly recommended that students prepare the answer based on their own experience and observation.)