Draw a right angle and construct its bisector.
The below given steps will be followed to construct a right angle and its bisector.
(1) Draw a line l and mark a point P on it. Draw an arc of convenient radius, while taking point P as centre. Let it intersect line l at R.
(2) Taking R as centre and with the same radius as before, draw an arc intersecting the previously drawn arc at S.
(3) Taking S as centre and with the same radius as before, draw an arc intersecting the arc at T (see figure).
(4) Taking S and T as centres, draw arcs of same radius to intersect each other at U.
(5) Join PU. PU is the required ray making 90º with line l. Let it intersect the major arc at point V.
(6) Now, taking R and V as centres, draw arcs with radius more than RV to intersect each other at W. Join PW.
PW is the required bisector of this right angle.