Every year at least 100 classroom deskd are damaged because of irresponsible behaviour towards school property. Write an article suggesting how this problem could be tackled
- Students have been found to scratch words on desks, kick the legs to make them loose, drag them around leading to damage and breakage.
- Civic sense needs to be inculcated in students to change their outlook towards public and school property.
- Offenders should be made to use the same desks that they have damaged.
- They should be given a can of paint and some nails and a hammer to repair the damaged desks under adult supervision. Of course, all safety precautions need to be taken.
- Repeated offenders should be fined heavily. Their library and recess privileges can be withdrawn. The same time can be used to help clean up the school.
- Finally, only a change in attitude towards all public property and the realisation that all students will suffer if they damage school property, will help change the irresponsible behaviour.