explain how to solve -
1. cost of a dozen banana is rs. 36 andd cost of 7 oranges is rs. 28 . find the ratio of a cost of a banana to an orange .
2. divide 102 toffees among sachin and deepa in the ration of 8 :9 .
3. divide rs 2000 among A , B and C in the ratio of 2 :3:5 .
4 . a sum of money is to be divided between amit and sumit in the ration of 2:3 . how much will each one get if total amount is rs 5000 .
5. In a school , the ratio of number of boys is 9 :7 . find the number of boys if the total number of students is 3200 .
1. Cost of a dozen bananas = Rs 36
Cost of 1 banana =
Cost of 7 oranges = Rs 28
Cost of 1 orange =
Required ratio =
2. Terms of 8: 9 are 8 and 9
Sum of terms = 8+9 = 17
Sachin will get of total toffees and Deepa will get
No. of toffees will Sachin get =
and No. of toffees will Deepa get =
3. Terms of 2: 3:5 are 2,3 and 5
Sum of terms = 2+3+5 = 10
A will get of total Rs.
B will get and
C will get
No. of Rs. will A get =
No. of Rs. will B get =
No. of Rs. will C get =
4. Terms of 2: 3 are 2 and 3
Sum of terms = 2+3 = 5
Amit will get and Sumit will get
Sum of money will Amit get =
and Sum of money will Sumit get =
5. check the statement of 5th part