explain the construction of temples and gradual increase of activities of temple in mesopotamia ?
- In Mesopotamia the temples were built with limestone,.The limestone sued for this purpose was mostly imported and also used even from Egypt.
- The great and large temples like the Anu Temple complex, had an elaborate construction procedures,some of these procedures were such as plastering and a greater use of limestone.
- Ziggurat were also made as a part of the temple complex which were actually manmade multi-tiered structure.
- The Mesopotamians made them so high as per their beliefs that this makes the temples closer to the heavens and hence closer to the supreme Gods.
- The temples were centre of many activities such it provided people with many things as here in it's vicinity there was a place of market that was used to sell the goods and make a living by the people, it was a a place to socialize where people interacted, and also a holy place to make religious offerings to the Gods or patron God of the city.
- Not only this the temples were also used as the places to store grains and other goods.