explain what is promeristem,primary and secondary meristmatic tissues.
- Group of cells which represent primary stages of meristematic cells.
- They are found at the apices of embryonic shoots and roots and give rise to primary meristem.
- They originate from promeristems.
- They are found at shoot and root apices, apex of leaves ans in intercalary parts.
- They give rise to primary permanent tissue.
- Develop at the later stage from primary permanent tissue e.g. interfascicular cambium, cork cambium etc..
- Give rise to secondary permanent tissue.