Explain with the help of a diagram, why seasons are reversed between Northern and Southern Hemispheres.
- On to days of the year 21st March and September 23rd, rays of the sun fall directly on the equator.
- The earth experiences equal days and nights since none of the poles is tilted towards the sun which is called an equinox.
- The Northern Hemisphere faces the autumn season on 23rd September.
- The spring season is present in the Southern Hemisphere at the same time.
- In case of 21st March the seasons are reversed accordingly.
- This explains the reversal of seasons between the two dates.