From the given poem 'The Circus', answer the folloiwng questions:
1.'have you seen the acrobats on the dizzy swing' is the swing dizzy or are the acrobats dizzy? Why?
2. Why do you think the poet describes the dog as an educated dog?
3. Do you think the circus animals enjoy what they do? What about human performers? Do they really enjoy what they do?
- The person swinging on the swing is dizzy as a result of his activity. The swinging from one swing to another is a tedious work and therefore, the feeling comes.
- The dog is called educated because it has been taught what to do and how to behave. In other words, it has been trained.
- The animals and human may enjoy their activities. However, it is also a means to their livelihood and therefore, they are forced to perform the act.