give 10 examples of friction in our daily life.
Striking a match
using a pencil
using a pen
- walking: if there is no friction between your shoes/feet and the floor, you would be slippering in one place forever.
- when cold, you rub your hands together to warm your hands. the heat comes from friction.
- breaks:friction forceis used to stop your car/bike when you step on the breaks.
- . Walking - You feet and floor
- . Washing your hands - Hands and water
- . Putting on clothes - Clothes and Skin
- . Rubbing the mouse pad on Laptops - Like RIGHT now
- . Biting - Teeth and whatever in there
- Rubbing your hair - Patting it, whatever
- Moving your tongue - Do this with spicy foods
1.A brake slows the movement of the tire by rubbing against it.2. You rub your hands together to make them warm.3. Lighting a matchstick 4. Roller skates have tiny wheels. these wheels have very small rolling friction and help in the fast motion of the skater. 5. When we walk, the soles of our shoes wear out due to friction. 6. We will be unable to walk if there is no friction between the soles of our shoes and the ground. 7. There is friction between the tyres of an automobile and the road. 8.It is the force of friction that holds the screws and nails in the wood. 9. Spikes are provided in the shoes of athletes to increase friction and prevent slipping
- Rubbing both hands together to create heat
- A sled sliding across snow or ice
- Skis sliding against smow
- A person sliding down a slide is an example of sliding friction
- A coaster sliding against a table
- A washing machine pushed along a floor
- An iron being pushed across material
- The frame and the edge of door sliding against one another
- The bottom of a trashcan sliding against the concrete
- A block being slid across the floor