give an article on advantages & disadvantages of mobile phone..........
Such writing exercises are meant for the development of creative and writing skills in the students. We recommend that you frame such answers on your own. However, a few pointers are being given for your reference.
- Handy for immediate and urgent communication
- Keep track the whereabouts of a person
- Helps in making and increasing connectivity among friends and colleagues
- One can listen to music and radio, take photographs, play games, access the Internet, find location, etc.
- One's privacy is lost
- Increasing road accidents due to talking while driving, while crossing the roads, etc
- Continuously listening to music or talking over the phone can cause hearing problems
Mobile phones have many advantages. Some of these advantages include:
- To call different services in case of an emergency.
- To contact people who may not have access to a landline.
- To keep in touch with people regardless of where they are.
- To send text, picture and video messages for various purposes.
- They are getting cheaper.
As well as having advantages, mobile phones can also have disadvantages. These include:
· Radiation through the brain.
· Risk of brain cancer.
· People trying to contact you outside of business hours.
· Employees misusing their mobile phone raise the bill massively.
· Memory loss, Parkinson's and Alzheimer's diseases.
· Loss of concentration when using a mobile and driving at the same time.
· Phones ringing during a public screening of a film.
· Peoples whereabouts are known through satellite tracking of mobile phones.
· Mobile phone bills can be extremely high.· Criminals make use of mobile phones.
1) Can carry everywhere
2) Contact with others easily (convenient)
3) No limit or places
4) Have a lot of functions e.g. take photos,
listen to music….
5) Use it when you are bored
6) Have different styles and colours
7) 3G service
1) People spend less time gathering with their
2) Disturb our study and people’s work
3) Easily broken
4) affect our health because there are rays
- The more you talk, the more you know how to talk and the better your communication skills become. This is applicable if you’re a sensible person and keep note of your interacting habits over the phone. It can be a communication tutorial!
- Nothing more than a cell phone comes to great help in emergency. You are driving by the freeway and the vehicle jams and cell phone comes to your rescue. You are stuck in a lone place, again call somebody and ask for directions.
- Parents can be a little less worried about their kids by being in constant touch with them.
- If you’re a net-savvy, you can have Internet handy all the time and anywhere the signal of your cell phone provider can reach.
- Trendy and stylish cell phones can be used as a bait to receive attention. It can be part of fashion and styling.
- From the industy and economy point of view, cell phone companies (communication industry) is florishing with market capital in billions. This is a good thing for the economy to be smooth and healthy.
- Companies find it yet another medium to advertise their products; so another medium to reach the consumers.
- Nowadays, cell phones are not just phone calls; they’re about messaging, vidoe, songs, games, alarm clock, notes, calendar, reminder, etc. So one equipment, lots’ of uses!
- Although cell phone use can be dangerous while driving but sometimes it can be a time-saver - you are driving and simultanesouly discussing some urgent matter as well. A sensible and only urgent usage during driving can be a great help at times.
- Some people (especially teens) get so much addicted to cell phones for talking, video, messaging, games, etc that they forget the real purpose of the phone and waste large part of their time in unnecessary interaction over their cell phones.
- Nothing more can be a distraction for a teached in the classroom, when a student’s phone rings. Cell phones are increasingly becoming a problem for the schools during classroom hours and are becoming a means of cheating during examinations and other kinds of ability tests. All this is really bad and does hurt the future of the student, who doesn’t realize that he/she is him/her-self responsible for it.
- Health of those living in the vicinity of cell phone towers is becoming a growing concern. Towers result into an area with concrete development along with destruction of natural features (vegetation etc) around the place. The towers also emit strong electromagnetic signals, which can be health hazard for those living nearby and who are getting exposed to strong radiations continuously during a good span of their lives.
- While remaining in touch is good thing but sometimes it becomes annoying to have to deal with continuous incoming phone calls. You are on a vacation and your boss calls up, how does that sound!
- Cell phone monthly bills are usually more than a landline bill. Sometimes, we may not require to have a cell phone but we still buy one and start paying monthly bills; so it increases our monthly/recurring expenses.
- Use of hands-free (wired/blue-tooth) can at times pass on loud sounds to our ears which can result in weakening of ear-drums. Nowadays, one can download lot’s of songs, so keeping the hands-free glued inside your ears for long hours can really affect the sensitivity of ears in the long run of life.
- There have been cases of cell phone blasts, due to the excessive heating up of it’s battery. This can be a fatal issue; although rare.
- No joke, the surface of a cell phone has millions of bacteria and virus on it and that can be a strong reason of immediate skin problem on face or can result into other internal infections wherein the microbes creep inside the body through mouth or other openings.
- Some use the keypad excessively; due to size restrictions the buttons and keypad of the cell phone are not natural for human hands; so excessive and prolonged typing can be an issue for fingers and finger joints.
- The continuous exposure of signal to and from our cell phone can be a cancer concern, although to a meagre amount- research is still going on. However, the mobile phone industry has long resisted any suggestion of a link to cancer, though it accepts that mobile phone radiation does affect the electrical activity in the brain.
- The battery parts and other electonic parts of a cell phone can be environmental hazard if not disposed off properly through approved means.
- A cell phone can be helpful while driving and talking in case of urgent matters but increasingly it is becoming cause of accidents because it deviates the attention of a driver; human brain can do only one thing at a time (however small span of time it may be).
- It can be a big time distraction and nuisance in calm and silent places like libraries, cinemas, restaruants, etc. Some cell phone users lose the sense of deciding when and where they can talk on the cell phone and where they can’t, without slightest consideration for the fellow beings around.
- The mobile phone advertisements through messages are becoming a pain for the cell phone users.
- Your SIM can be exploited as tracking device and if you’re an important person then that can be a big concern for you.
Having said all about cell phones, I think they are one of the biggest boons humanity ever had. If used properly and sensibly, cell phone can be a wonderful piece of utility in life and most of its disadvantages will simply be insignificant.