Give six differences between biodegradable and non-biodegradable with examples???
Bio degradable waste
Non bio degradable waste
|1. The wastes decompose naturally in the environment.|
The wastes do not decompose naturally.
|2. They are safe for the environment.|
They are harmful to the environment and create pollution.
|3. The wastes are made up of natural ingredients.|
The wastes are made up of synthetic materials.
|4. They can be constantly reused.|
They cannot be recycled.
|5.Biodegradable substances persist for small time interval in the environment.||Non biodegradable substances persist for longer time in the environment.|
|6. Example – waste papers, wood crumbles.||Example – plastic bags, cans, disposable bottles.|
@Others...Good work..Keep posting!
- it can be broken down by decomposers as they contain specific enzymes
- causes pollution, infection etc
- eg: vegetable peels
- persist in the environment for less time
- less harmful
- not acted upon by physical processes
non bio degradable
- it can not be broken down by decomposers as they do not contain specific enzymes
- causes bio magnifiction,eutrophication etc
- eg: plastic
- persist in the environment for a long time
- more harmful
- acted up on by physical factors like heat
can be decomposed.
eg-vegtable waste etc
improves soil fertility
useful as it changes into fossil fuel
does not affect the rain water from reaching the ground water level
cant be decompsd
degrades soil fertility
not useful as it remains as such
doesnt allow rain water from reaching the ground water level