Hot Questions : Thinks and answer : (Lesson : 13)
1) A student, while making a circuit to make a bulb glow using a dry cell, connected the plastic covering of the wire to the cell, instead of the metal wire inside it. Will current flow in the circuit? Why?
2) Why do you think electric wires are made out of copper or aluminium though silver is a better conductor of electricity?
3) A bare wire carrying an electric current can give you an electric shock. Based on this, can you say if your body is a conductor or an insulator?
4) A a safety measure, you are advised to wear rubber slippers or shoes when handling electrical appliances. Why?
5) Current in a circuit flows from the positive terminal of a cell to the negative terminal. In which direction does the current flow inside the cell?
6) Why are only solar cells used as a source of power in satellites?
Due to paucity of time it would not be possible for us to provide the answers to all your queries. We are providing solutions to some your good queries. Try solving rest of the questions yourself and if you face any difficulty then do get back to us.2. https://www.meritnation.com/ask-answer/question/electric-wires-made-of-copper-or-aluminium-and-not-of-s/electricity-and-circuits/6816927
4.We get a shock when current flows through our body as the current passes through our body from the naked wire to the ground as the circuit is completed. This gives us a shock. But when we wear rubber slippers or are standing on wood while using electrical appliances, it insulates us from the ground and we don't get a shock.