HOW DO TREES MAKE THE SOIL FERTILE?
@dilip: your friend has given correct answer.
@isha: good answer. Well done and keep posting...!!!!!
- Trees absorb the water and allow it to seep into the soil thus preventing the soil particles from being dry.
- Remains of trees as well as leaves, flowers or fruits fall from trees add organic matter to the soil.
- Feces of animals which sit under the trees also add organic matter or nutrients to the soil.
) They break up surface flow, slowing it so that soil particles precipitate out. Phosphorus is mostly carried when it adheres to the soil.
2) Minerals are raised from deep in the soil to be used in the tree's growth.
3) Parts of the tree that die fall to earth and break down, adding organic matter.
4) Trees attract wildlife. Their feces add organic matter and nutrients.