how does recycling of waste material helps in ecological balance?
Plastic, paper, metal etc. can be recycled easily. The recycling of things helps in saving environment by:
- Recycling reduce the amount of garbage sent to landfills and thus prevent land pollution.
- Recycling prevent faster depletion of resources.
- Prevents pollution caused by reducing the need to collect new raw materials.
- It saves space in landfills. The items that we recycle are not biodegradable.
- If you recycle paper, trees that make oxygen for us to breathe live longer. By this we can cut down the amount of CO2 being added to the greenhouse gases already in the atmosphere. So you are slowing down global warming.
Recycling of wastes reduces the amount of waste ending up in landfills. If it can be reused why wouldn't you?
Recycling things for instance metals, reduces the mining of news ores. i e if you mix 50% recycled iron with 50% fresh iron ore you would rely a lot less on digging up fresh iron ore.
This lessens the overall environmental impact of everything that we do.
Another example, film used in photography...
the development process uses a chemical process. The left over mix of chemicals is hazardous waste. Now this waste has a lot of silver. Well using an electical process you can remove the silver from the liquid, and then neutralize the rest. This "reclaimed" silver can then be reused.