how is meristematic tissue classified on the basis of its location?
Meristem can be classified based on the location of meristematic tissues.They are of three types:
Apical meristem: They are present at the tips of stems, roots, and branches. They are responsible for the axial growth in a plant.
Intercalary meristem: They are present at the base of internodes, and are responsible for the growth of internodal region.
Lateral meristem: They are present on the lateral side of stems and roots. Lateral meristem is responsible for the radial growth of plants. Vascular cambium and cork cambium are examples of lateral meristem.
TYPES OF MERISTEMS ACCORDING TO THEIR POSITIONS IN THE PLANT BODY......
1.They are found at the apices of stem , root and their branches.
2. They give rise to primary permanent tissues that constitute the primary body of the plant.
3. Due to the growth of apical meristems, the stem and roots increase in length.
1.They occur on the sides of the plant body.
2.They are responsible for increase in the diameter of the plant roots and stem ( GIRTH ).
3.Also responsible for growth in thickness by the addition of secondary tissues ( SECONDARY GROWTH )
4. They are found in the CAMBIUM OF THE VASCULAR BUNDLES & CORK CAMBIUM.
1. It is the part of apical meristem which gets separated from the apex due to the development of permanent tissues in between.
2. It helps in elongation of the organs and present mostly at the base of nodes, internodes and leaves.
if u like d answer plz. thumbs up