how to represent a floral diagram? Does it have any symbols? if yes, what are they and what does it stand for??
Information provided by a floral diagram is as follows:
1. Number of parts of a flower
2. Arrangement of the parts of a flower with respect to each other
3. Relation of the parts of a flower with each other
4. Position of the mother axis with respect to the flower (represented by a dot on the top of the floral diagram)
5. Calyx, Corolla, Androecium and Gynoecium are drawn in successive whorls, with the calyx being the outermost and gynoecium being the innermost.
6. Also shows cohesion and adhesion of the parts of whorls and between whorls.
Floral formulae are represented by symbols; some of them are,
Hope this answers your question,