how to represent root 2 and root 3 on the number line in the spiral metod pls?!
First we draw a line OA of unit 1
Step 2 -Now we draw a perpendicular of length unit 1 on point A As AB .
Now from Pythagoras theorem we know Hypotenuse OB =
Step 3 take arc of length OB and draw it on number line , That meet at E on number line So at E we can represent
Step 4 Now we take OB as base and draw a perpendicular on B As BC .
Now we know from Pythagoras theorem hypotenuse OC =
Step 5 - Take arc of length OC and draw it on number line as it meet at D on number line So at D we can represent
first draw root 2 in the usual method :
1. Draw a line OA of say 2 units.
2. From O take 1unit and mark a point B.
3. From B draw a perpendicular BD to OA .
4. With radius 1 unit and the compass at B draw an arc at BD.
5. Join d AND A .
Thus , BA = root 2
To draw root 3 :
6. Keeping the compass at D draw a perndicular DE to DA .
7.At the point D , take radius = 1 unit and draw an arc intersecting DE.
8.Join E and A .
Thus EA = root 3
Thus, in this way you can draw a root spiral on the number line itself