Imagine you are a member of your school ECO CLUB. Your school wants to start a new rule: every month each class will plant a sapling either in the school campus or in the neighbouring park. Do you aagree or disagree with this rule? Write two paragraphs for your school magazine. Uae these suggestions.
- State your position on the issue.
- Be sure to back up your opinion with facts that support your argument. (Do not just write, "I approve of this new rule")
- I support the new rule of each class planting a sapling every month
- I would go a step further and request the class to then take care of the sapling: water it regularly, put organic manure, prune it
- we need to take proactive steps to conserve the depleting green cover
- plants give out oxygen and keep the air clean, they prevent soil erosion, provide shelter, food and fibre, give wood, rubber, etc.
- if we involve children in conserving trees and plants, we can ensure better results in the future