Name two indigenous and exotic breed of poultry .write a note on egg production and broiler production
They are of two types:
1. Indigenous (Desi) breeds:
- These include Aseel, Chittagong, Ghagus and Busra.
- Although these are small and do not lay too many eggs at a time, they have natural immunity against common diseases.
2. Exotic breeds (Improved):
They are as follows:
- American breeds; such as Plymouth rock Wyandotte, Rhode Island red and New Hampshire.
- English breeds such as Sussex, Cornish, red caps, etc.
- Mediterranean Class ‘such as leghorns’ white leghorns, Minorca, etc.