Normally in the process of osmosis, the net flow of water molecules in or out of the cell depends upon difference in the
1. Concentration of water molecules inside and outside the cell
2. Concentration of enzymes on either side of the cell membrane
3. Rate of molecular motion on either side of the cell membrane
4. Rate of movement of insoluable molecules inside the cell
Pl. tell me which is correct option on the above with detail explanation
- Concentration of water molecules inside and outside the cell.
Osmosis is the passage of water from a region of high water concentration to a region of low water concentration through a semi permeable membrane. Hence, the rate of osmosis is affected by the concentration of water.
1. Concentration of water molecules inside and outside the cell.
Osmosis is the process of transfer of water molecules from a medium of high concentration to a medium of low concentration through a thin semi-permeable membrane.
Hence, the concentration of water mole ules affects the rate of osmosis.