Please can you tell me the answers of the questions..
1. What was abou ben doing before the angel came into his room ?
2. Whos name was the angel writting in its book when it first meet abou ?
3 What do u think a great wakening light ?means' ?
4. Look at the word 'it' in line 4 and line 16. Does it reffer to the same thing in both places ? How ?
5. The poet reffers to the angel in two other ways. What are they?
6. What sort of people does god appear to love the most ? What speacial message does the poem convey to u ?
‘And is mine one?’ said Abou. ‘Nay, not so.’
Replied the angel. Abou spoke more low,
But cheerly still; and said. ‘I pray thee, then,
Write me as one that loves his fellow men.’
The angel wrote and vanished. The next night
It came again with a great wakening light.
And showed the names whom love of God had blest.
And lo! Ben Adhem's name led all the rest.
nay: an old fashioned way of saying ‘no'
cheerly: cheerfully, pleasantly
pray: an old fashioned way of saying 'ask' or 'request'
Abou Ben Adhem
Who does God love the most?
Abou Ben Adhem (may his tribe increase!)
Awoke one night from deep dream of peace,
And saw, within the moonlight in his room,
Making it rich, and like a lily in bloom,
An angel writing in a book of gold:--
Exceeding peace had made Ben Adhem bold,
And to the presence in the room he said,
'What writest thou?'- The vision raised its head,
And with a look made of all sweet accord,
Answered, 'The names of those who love the Lord,'
2. The angel was writing the names of those who love the Lord in his book when he first met Abou.
3 . A great wakening light means a bright light that woke up Abou Ben Adhem. Figuratively, it could mean a bright light of wisdom.
For getting more assistance on the remaining queries we would request you to kindly ask only one single query in each thread.