Please solve it question no.6 to 17 Exercise 4.2
1) What is the perimeter of a parallelogram, if its
two adjacent sides measure 8 cm and 6 cm
2) The perimeter of a parallelogram is 24 cm,
Its adjacent sides are in the ratio 2. Find
the dimensions of the parallelogram.
3) ABCD is a parallelogram. where AB is longer
than by 8 crrn If the perimeter is 40 cm,
what is the length of each Side?
4) If one angle of a parallelogram IS 40'. what
the measures of the other angles?
5) One angle of a parallelogram is 30' more
than Its adjacent angle. Hc»." much does each
6) A table with measurements for quadrilateral
ABCD given here Change values in any 1 or
2 rows to make the measures correct for a
Draw a parallelogram ABCD From O drop
a perpendicular to AB to meet it at E.
Cut out the triangle DAE. Place it on the
other side. so that O falls on C and DA on
CB, What figure do you get? What do you
PQRS is an isosceles trapezium Fig. Q(13)
where PQ II SR and PS = QR. PS and QR are
extended to meet at O. Prove that SO RO.
14) In the trapezium ABCD Fig Q(14). BE
drawn to cut DC at E such that AD = BE
Prove that LADE = LBCE.
7) AB and DC are two equal and parallel lines.
Show that DA and CB are also equal and
8) ABCD is a parallelogram. P and Q are the
midpoints of AB and DC, If P and Q are
joined, prove that APQD is a parallelogram,
9) PQRS is a parallelogram. Show that the
diagonal PR divides the parallelogram into
two congruent triangles.
10) In the same parallelogram as in the above
question, if diagonal QS is also drawn, prove
that triangle ROS is congruent to triangle
POQ where O is the point of intersection of
11) Draw a parallelogram ABCD with AB 5 crn,
ZA = 60', AD = 4 cm. IS this information
enough to construct the figure? why?
ABCD is a rectangle. Diagonals AC and BD
intersect at O. Prove that AABC and ABAD
The adjacent sides of a rectangle are in the
ratio 2 : 3 and its perimeter is 80 cm long.
Find the measure of its sides,
ABCD is a rectangle where diagonals AC
and BD intersect at O. Prove that triangles
AOB and COD are congruent.
Construct a rectangle with adjacent sides of
length 4.5 cm and 5.5 cm.
Can you draw a rectangle, one side of which
is 4 cm and one diagonal S cm Fig. Q(19)?
What is the theorem you will apply here?