Pls can you solve the following sums with explanations??
Your recipe for cookies requires 2 5/8 cups of flour. You want to make a double
recipe, and have 5 1/4 cups of flour. Do you have enough flour?
3. From a rope 11 m long, two pieces of lengths 13/5 m and 33/10 m are cut off. What is the
length of the remaining rope?
4. A drum full of rice weighs 241/6 kg. If the empty drum weighs 55/4 kg, find the weight of rice
in the drum.
5. Rita had $300. She spent 1/3 of her money on notebooks and 1/4 of the remainder on
stationery items. How much money is left with her?
6. Find the cost of 17/5 meters of cloth at $147/4 per meter.
7. A car is moving at an average speed of 202/5 km/hr. How much distance will it cover in 15/2
8. One liter of petrol costs $187/4. What is the cost of 35 liters of petrol?
9. An airplane covers 1020 km in an hour. How much distance will it cover in 25/6 hours?
10. The cost of 7/2 meters of cloth is $231/4. What is the cost of one meter of cloth?
11. A cord of length 143/2 m has been cut into 26 pieces of equal length. What is the length ofeach piece?
12. The product of two rational numbers is 48/5. If one of the rational number is 66/7, find the
other rational number.
And cups required to make a double receipe =
number of cups available =
Therefore there is enough cup available to make the receipe.
3. Total length of rope = 11 m
total length cut off =
So remaining length = m.
Kindly ask the remaining questions in different threads.