Plz and fast pls
Such questions are meant to test your writing skills and should be attempted on your own. However, these points might help you elaborate:
- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi, namely Mahatma Gandhi, is known as the Father of our nation.
- He was born on 2nd October, 1869 and his birthday is known as Gandhi Jayanti and celebrated as a national holiday in India.
- A huge preacher and practitioner of non-violence, he was one of the eminent leaders of Indian nationalism in British ruled India.
- He was born and brought up in Gujarat and later trained in law in England where he studied from 1888 to 1893.
- He went to South Africa to practise law and suffered discrimination there.
- He started non-violent civil disobedience for civil rights of the Indian community there.
- He left South Africa and came back to India during 1914-1915.
- From 1915-1947, he worked very hard through Satyagraha, civil disobedience, fasts, marches, movements and jail sentences to free India from the British.