prove that light waves are transverse in nature
when the polarised light coming thru polariser is incident on an analyser, parallel to the axis of polariser, then emergent light has max. intensity whereas when the analiser is rotated at an angle then the intensity of emergent light goes on decreasing...nd when it is perpendicular to the axis of analyser then the intensity is min.
this shows that light waves are transeverse in nature......
# Light is a transverse, electromagnetic wave that can be seen by humans.
* The wave nature of light was first illustrated through experiments on diffraction and interference.
* Like all electromagnetic waves, light can travel through a vacuum.
* The transverse nature of light can be demonstrated through polarization.
* Light is sometimes also known as visible light to contrast it from "ultraviolet light" and "infrared light".
* Other forms of electromagnetic radiation that are not visible to humans are sometimes also known informally as "light"