Q1. Name 2 Main excretory organs.
Q2. Name 2 Accessory Excretory Organs
Ans1. The excretory organs are:-
- The two kidneys excrete urine, which consists mainly of excess water, mineral salts and nitrogenous wastes from protein breakdown, urea and uric acid.
- The two lungs excrete carbon dioxide and water vapour.
Ans 2. Accessory excretory organ:-
- The skin excretes sweat, which although more dilute, contains the same excretory substances as urine.
- Foreign substances can be excreted in the hair and the nails.
- The liver plays a major part as it secretes bile.
- Bile has pigments made from broken-down haemoglobin in the red blood cells.
- The liver also detoxifies poisonous substances that may have entered the body through the alimentary canal.